I thought I’d share with you some of the goodies I have accumulated over the years that I have hanging on my walls. Since I live in a bachelor apartment, I’ve always found it difficult to figure out where to hang things (I have a lot). Since the living and sleeping space exist within the same walls, it’s hard to make each space feel like it’s own. In my case, it just ends up being a hell of a lot of frames and clothing scattered on the walls. I hate it at times, because if I did have my own bedroom, the vision I have for both it and my living room would be much easier to execute. But, c’est la vie. Toronto rent is not kind to singles, and I shouldn’t really complain because I have a very large bachelor (the best kitchen!). Since my apartment is ever changing and the places my things go move around a bunch, I thought I’d just share a few of them, instead of the whole.
1. An amazing 1920’s camisole I got from Lawrence. It’s pretty delicate, so I have only worn it for photo shoot purposes. But it’s so lovely, I couldn’t bare to have it not be seen.
2. The frame in the middle I found on the street outside an art gallery. I guess it was too busted up for them, but not for I. It’s so beautiful, and fun because I can switch up whatever things I like to hang in it.
3. Christopher Plummer. A birthday gift from Meaghan. Why? Have you seen him in The Sound of Music? I’ll forever be attracted to him because of that, and the Beginners.
4. Dried flowers, because why not.
5. Found this frame with the other one, more things to put inside.
6. A lovely nightgown found at Public Butter. I slept and lounged in it for quite awhile, but soon realized it was just too delicate (rips, eep!), so also another wall friend.
7. Clinique Cheron. I found it at Salvation Army and knew it was mean’t for me. Red hair, the best vintage dress, cats & dogs. Pretty much sums up my life.
8. An illustration from this wicked Christian book of contemporary art. I’m by no means religious, but the illustrations are so creepy and so great, I couldn’t pass the book up.
9. Floral needle point love. Found in Elora.
10. A little friend from Meaghan.
11. My newest member(s). Public Butter (again). It has a twin, with different outfits and different dance moves.