On Saturday I made my way over to Brantford, ON to style and work on another photoshoot with Gerald, Annya and our model Emma. About 1 month ago I was given some pieces from Mode Laboratory’s SS 2015 collection and was waiting for the perfect time to use them. While the pieces are indeed Spring/Summer I thought they worked splendidly with our wintery photoshoot. There is something so magical about winter landscapes and a model adorned in white and pastel pieces. Mode Laboratory’s pieces are whimsical in and of themselves and I think they were a match made in heaven for the work that Gerald produces. I’m uncertain when I’ll be able to show you the final images, but for now, here are a few behind the scene photos I took during the shoot.
1. I really cherish the moments when I take my outfit photos myself. When I started the blog it was usually me and someone taking my picture, and while that was much easier and generally a faster process, I’ve come to really enjoy the quiet time and moving at my own pace to create photos I like. Sometimes Matt and I would butt heads when I had an idea and it wasn’t coming out the way I wanted – I’m sort of a control freak in that sense.
2. Kiana getting her makeup done by Leesa for an editorial I styled and also modelled in this past weekend. Leesa made everyone look so beautiful, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this woman and her talents.
3. Tara with sprinkles on her tongue in another outfit I styled – so excited to see the final images of this one.
4. Quinn is such a beauty. I had seen her face before and did not even realize at the time. Remember Danielle who I worked with on a shoot a few weekends ago? Well the following day she was taking shots of this beauty for another mag and I saw a couple behind the scenes on her instagram. Strange how life works sometimes.
5. I think kids have the right idea – even the smallest, simplest of things bring them joy.
6. Our fearless photographer, Gerald (and his girlfriend Annya). We met through instagram, and he had expressed interest in working with me. I’m so glad he did. Working with him and modelling for him was a true pleasure. He has such a vision and does not let any detail go unnoticed. I have such a respect for him and what he does.
7. When I first saw Kiana my jaw just dropped (not literally, that would have been awkward) She is such a stunning girl. We got to shoot a few fun shots together which I think I’m most excited about.
8. Ryan with our favourite pizza from Libretto that we took to the park to eat and just relax after a long day.
9. A little ducky friend.