Ponytails can be rather boring, can’t they? I honestly don’t wear my hair in one very often, mostly because I have great disdain for my ears (can one even have disdain for part of their body?!). But with my new desire to step out of my comfort zone, let my ears be free (sort of) and try new hairstyles, I decided to take a simple low ponytail and make it a little more interesting with some mini ponies and a bit of twisting (sounds so professional), to create a look that appears much fancier than it actually is. So let us learn how, shall we?
1. start by taking two sections of hair from either side of your head; much like the way you would do a half ponytail
2. tie your sections into a ponytail with a small clear elastic (or whatever you want, really)
3. take the end of your ponytail and guide it over top and through where the two sections of hair meet, to create a fun lil’ twisted effect
4. continue the first 3 steps as many or as little times as you like, and the same with your sections, they can be as big or as little as you like; i did 3 twisties and I took fairly small sections, but honestly, I think this look would be quite striking if you used more hair for your twists
5. tie the remaining loose hair into a ponytail
6. finish the look off with a cute bow (or whatever you have on hand)
That’s it! Told you it was easy peasy! Let me know if you give this hairstyle a try.
*you can view more of my tutorials and other beauty related things here.