1. As I mentioned, I went camping in Bruce Peninsula National Park last week. We stopped at Canadian Tire on the way up to grab some things and saw this sweet van. Old Yeller!
2. We brought an abundance of grapefruits to make juice and tasty bourbon drinks. We camp classy.
3. We might have finished this entire bottle of bourbon over the week…
4. Put up a hammock but something was weird about it. You’d sit in it and it would just sink on one side. We are not good at hammocks, apparently.
5. Thank god we brought an axe and hatchet with us to make kindling. Last time I went camping we forgot that, and it was a pain in the ass, let me tell you.
6. Ryan makes a good fire.
7. Ummm, ya Ryan brought a lot of cardboard shit to burn…including two Pizza Pizza boxes…
8. Receipts as well? Don’t ask, Ryan is weird.
9. But a good fire, none the less.
10. Proof that I can smile.
11. Ryan wanted to see if he could jump over our tent. I knew this would go down in one of two ways. One, he would make it over easily. Two, he would crush our tent right after we put it up. He made it over and was like really, really pleased with himself.
12. Lying in the hammock, looking up at the trees.
13. The road driving up to the park. There is something so calming about an open, quiet road. A rarity when you live in the city.
14. We stopped by the store on the second day to pick up some more ice for our cooler. This place had showers because there are none in the campgrounds. We didn’t shower, which I never do when I’m camping. teehee!
*I’ve got so much more to share with you. These were only from the first day and the next morning.