Snow Day

Processed with VSCOcam with n3 presetLately It’s been cold…real cold, and snowy, which is fairly normal when you live in Toronto, but that doesn’t mean I’ve ever fully gotten used to it or have any desire to spend time embracing it. On the weekend I was supposed to be styling a shoot with Gerald in Brantford, but the morning of the roads were just too dangerous to drive on. I had to admit defeat and accept that styling a shoot was just not worth the possibility of a car accident (I’ve been in several car accidents, which is probably why I have never learned to drive myself…ya, I’m 26 and I can’t drive). I spent the majority of the weekend in doors watching Netflix, eating tasty things and cuddling the dogs. However, Ryan and I did venture out Sunday afternoon to shoot these photos. While the winter may be cold, and I don’t much care for snow, it does make for really pretty pictures, and I thought my new dress would look perfect against an almost all white background. I don’t own many shapeless, drop-waist dresses like this. My person is quite small, so I find really boxy silhouettes to be a bit too much for me  – I just sort of drown in them. But I love this dress. It’s so comfortable and it’s the perfect item to wear if you just want to lounge around. I liken it to a nightgown of sorts, which obviously pleases me. And this coat, oh this coat! I love this coat! It’s hard to tell, but the tartan on it is in mustard, white and blush pink, and the inner lining is a beautiful blush satin. It’s a bit oversized for me and thus looks strange buttoned up, but I had to have it just based on the colour scheme. So here we are, stepping out of my comfort zone and embracing the shapeless life.

How do you guys feel about shapeless, oversized clothing? Yay or nay?

*photos by Ryan
Processed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with n3 presetDress c/o Larmoni
Coat: vintage via Common Sort
Hat & mitts: H&M
Boots: Samantha Pleet x Wolverine
Bow tie: handmade

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Snow Day

1. Anna says:

Love your outfit, the snow, everything here. 🙂 Also loving the over-sized clothing. Personally, my favorite dresses have loose waistlines. That vintage plaid coat is really something!

I hear you about driving. I didn’t get my license until my 20s, and hate driving so much. :-/

• Larkspur Vintage says:

aww thank you Anna! Ya, I’m starting to dig the loose waistlines, although I do really prefer something that comes in at the waist since I’m not very curvy and loose things make me feel even more shapeless. But it’s fun to change it up from time to time. thanks for commenting xo

2. Lucy in the Sky says:

These are such lovely pictures and I am really liking this outfit. The green in the dress, which happens to be my favourite shade of green, does look fantastic against the snow and I love the shape. Is the material corduroy? If so I love the dress all the more! Also, the colours in that coat *swoon*.

I myself quite like shapeless clothing – it can hide quite a bit when you are pear shaped like me!

• Larkspur Vintage says:

Thank you!! I love this shade of green as well 🙂 And yes, it is corduroy…another reason I picked it! Although, it does that pesky thing that corduroy does where it sticks to your legs when you are wearing tights and out walking. I hate that!! it gets all bunched under my coat and looks weird. I don’t know how to stop that from happening! bah! haha anyways! i still love it! xo

3. Jamie Rose (Petite Panoply) says:

I’ve been enjoying dresses with a less fitted shape lately. Like 60s style shift dresses. I find if the length is short enough and the dress isn’t too oversized it looks really good on my short frame. I like this oversized look you’re rocking though. That shade of green is amazing on you and the whole outfit looks so wintry and cozy.

• Larkspur Vintage says:

I agree! I’ve always been a fan of shift dresses, although I find them to be a bit more fitting than a dress like the one I am wearing. I totally agree it depends on length. If this dress was down to my feet, I probably wouldn’t like it, but since it’s a midi it seems less over bearing. And thank you for your kind words as always xo

4. Mariah Alysz says:

I used to feel exactly the same about looser silhouettes! Being 5’0″ tall, I was always convinced they made me look about a foot shorter and pregnant, but when I started seeing other bloggers wearing them, I was convinced to give them another try. Now I love how comfy they are! Perfect for when you want to eat an extra scoop of ice cream, haha.
    I think this dress and coat look amazing on you.
    -Mariah Alysz